Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sad Week

So now for some sad news. My grandpa passed away on Sunday morning after a (relatively) short battle with cancer. There at the end he was in a lot of pain and it was very difficult to go and see him. We had some time with him though and new it was coming so this was not completely a surprise. I got to tell him I loved him and goodbye which was more than some of my cousins from AZ got. The service was nice and respectful and hard. I've never been to a funeral of someone I knew really well so this was a little bit of a shock. And of course Matt was out of town for his new job this week. I really needed him but I understand he was doing what he needed to do for us.

I loved my grandpa, he was the person that convinced my parents I was ready to get married. I'll always thank him for that. He taught me so much about God and what religion means to me as a person. There were a few questions I had that I thought for sure were impossible to anwser but he came up with the answers for me. He always had time to help me and went out of his way to make me comfortable. He was a great man and he is in his mansion with Jesus right now. I KNOW that.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear this! Hope you are finding the comfort you need to get through this hard time!